WELCOME ROMANCE WRITERS AND READERS TOO!
First Coast Romance Writers is a non-profit organization for both published and unpublished writers, as well as any individuals involved in the writing/publishing industry. The membership includes writers of all levels, from those working on their first manuscripts to award-winning authors. FCRW is dedicated to promoting excellence in romantic fiction through monthly meetings and workshops in a comfortable forum where published and unpublished writers share knowledge about the constantly evolving publishing industry. FCRW strives to help writers become published and establish careers with innovative programs, networking opportunities and pertinent information on effective marketing techniques for members’ novels.
Please check each meeting description to see if the meeting is IN-PERSON and ZOOM. If you need the Zoom link to attend, email FCRW’s president: CLICK HERE You will be provided with a link to log onto the meeting. You can log in virtually for social time at 10:00 am, and our business meeting will begin promptly at 10:15 am.
2023 NERFA winners and finalists
Our National Excellence in Romance Fiction Awards Winners have been chosen. CLICK HERE to see who they are and congratulate the finalists as well as the winners. Thank you so much for participating and we hope to see you all back for next year!
Have you subscribed to our monthly newsletter yet?
Each month our newsletter coordinator creates a great informational resource just filled with great articles for both the reader and writer of romance and all of its sub-genres. The articles are written by our members and any outside guests who wish to participate. Please Check out our newsletter page for more information. Click on the banner below!
PURCHASE OUR LATEST ANTHOLOGY
Proceeds from the sale of all of our anthologies benefit First Coast Romance Writers, a non-profit group that helps writers hone their craft and expand their knowledge of the publishing industry. CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW TO GET YOUR COPY!
For the Love of Winter
Sprints against time, second-chance romances, and enemies to lovers are some of the themes adding sparkle to this collection of holiday short stories. Bake your cookies, light some candles, trim your trees, and be enchanted with thirteen sweet-to-spicy Chanukah, Christmas, and New Year’s novellas that will sweep you from colonial days to contemporary times—each bearing a gift of happily-ever-after grand finales. This joyous collection is…
- A Winter Mating by Lia Davis. He returns to Willow Glen with one goal, to claim his mate. Convincing her that she belongs to him will be his toughest challenge, but he’s not above using seduction to get what he wants.
- One Night at Christmas by Danica Winters. As the busy owner of a veterinary clinic, Emily Avery always has her hands full of puppies but empty of the one thing she really isn’t sure she wants anyway—a man. When the kind-hearted Derek Night makes an emergency call to help his mom’s naughty pup, they both must step outside of their shells and let the magic of Christmas and one mischievous pup bring them together.
- The Christmas Crash by Tessa Lyons. Sparks fly when a relentless optimist and a grieving veterinarian are snowed in together at Christmas. Can they rediscover the magic of the season and find love in the most unexpected place?
- His Christmas Date by Sara J. Walker. In this heartwarming story of seasoned romance, Dino Dudley and Hilde McQuire must navigate family drama and their own emotional baggage to find true love.
- Jordyn’s Christmas Gift by Marie Morton. Jordyn Billings, a busy marketing executive, is gifted a holiday getaway to Chateau D’Or by her family, where she discovers an unforgettable and life-changing Christmas gift.
- A New Lens on Love by Merrie Angel. Widowed and alone in 1973, Millie explores a professional photographer’s life, and stumbles upon Adam–an insatiable adventure seeker related to Jackie Kennedy. Their passionate connection sparks a flame that defies all expectations and illuminates a new future in a world of change and uncertainty.
- Recipe for Romance by Gloria Ferguson. Ashley McClain wants to win the Holiday Bake-Off with her late mom’s cupcake recipe. Can she join forces with her friend and neighbor to claim the prize and a bit of romance just in time for Christmas?
- Before the Rising Sun by V.L. Czerny. Their romance blighted at a colonial ball, Gertrude and Nicholas, forgetting their past acquaintance, are maneuvered by the Christmas spirit to set love loose and so refashion time’s expected plans.
- Unexpected Angels by C.L. Hart. Sometimes the best things come together when everything is falling apart.
- Christmas Market Magic by Tessie Benton. Sydney Hawthorne hires an escort for a business date, but he’s not what he appears to be, and their mutual deception sparks desire while careers hang in the balance.
- A Merry White Christmas by Sally Murphy. Merry London, tasked with organizing an opulent Christmas ball for the McPhersons, faces an unexpected challenge in the form of Joel McPherson, whose fiery charm threatens to melt her icy exterior and unravel her meticulously laid plans.
- Lavender and Love Restored by M.J. Gates. Chief architect Jess Carlson is restoring a haunted historic hotel and helping a friendly spirit while reclaiming her life and love before the hotel’s grand reopening on New Year’s Eve.
- Marry Me by Midnight by Leah Miles. Navy SEAL Kendall Nelson can’t manage a successful proposal, and single mom Luisa Sanchez has no time for romance.
Autumn Embrace – Available for Purchase
Second chances, friends to lovers, and forbidden romance spark in this collection of steamy short stories. Brimming with magic and mystery, these five forced-proximity romances range from sensual to spicy, the perfect companion to keep your heart toasty in sweater weather. Hunker down by the hearth, pour a glass of cider, and fall into Autumn’s warm embrace by reading…
- The Mating Hex, by Lia Davis: Kitchen witch Pepper meets her mate and hexes him at the same time. Talk about first impressions. While searching for a way to break the spell, she discovers a secret her mother took to her grave. And lucky her, secrets run in the family. The father she thought died long ago is back, and he’s got dark plans of his own.
- Ghostly Intensions, by Melody Johnson: Nannette doesn’t mind seeing dead people; it’s the living people she can’t trust. But when Colton invites her to a Halloween party in his family’s cemetery, communing with the spirits of the oldest and darkest bloodline in their witches’ coven is an opportunity for power that Nannette can’t resist, no matter the risk to her person … or her heart.
- A Barking Chance, by Leah Miles: Forced to work together to evaluate his late uncle’s dog training center, Zane and Beth find more than memories in the office files. Whoever cooked the books is willing to destroy their lives as well as the paperwork to cover the evidence of their crimes. With the business and her dogs on the line, can Beth and Zane forgive the mistakes of their past to save their future together?
- Love in Three Parts, by M.J. Gates: Elizabeth loved Gabe, but any chance of them becoming more than friends is ruined when her roommate seduces him. A decade later, she’s a successful doctor, and he’s a decorated Army veteran. When unlikely circumstances force them back together, will she find the courage to bare her heart and give their relationship the chance it never had?
- The Essence of Cinnamon, by CS Bennett: In this whirlwind period tale set in the early 1900’s in Huntsville, Alabama, an artist’s passion for his work collides with the love he discovers with an unlikely model. Their relationship defies convention, but when a jealous suitor threatens everything they hold dear, their carefree autumn becomes more like the Fourth of July, fireworks and all.